COVID Guidelines as of December 9, 2020
Due to updated sector rules from the state of CT Dept of Economic and Community Development (DECD), food must be purchased to consume wine by the glass or bottle on premise.
- Patrons must purchase from food made available at the winery and be seated at a table or bar to consume their purchased wine product.
- When purchasing from onsite food trucks, patrons MUST purchase food and then be seated.
- The food that patrons purchase DOES NOT have to be prepared at the winery.
- Patrons that bring their own food MUST still make a food purchase at the time of wine purchase for consumption on premise.
- Additional wine may only be purchased while patrons are still consuming their meal.
“Food,” for purposes of this rule, means food that creates a sit-down dining experience and is similar in quality and substance to a meal. For example:
DOES INCLUDE Sit-Down Meals such as:
- Items from an on-site food truck, provided the patron is seated with their food order.
- Meals eaten with tableware – e.g., large servings of soup, large salads, or plated entrees.
- Meals eaten with your hands – e.g., pizzas, hamburgers, or sandwiches.
- Heavy appetizers – e.g., stuffed pretzels, chicken wings, charcuterie plates, fried calamari, flatbreads.
- Substantial dessert items – e.g., a full piece of cake, an entire pastry.
- Winery items such as prepackaged meats, cheeses, charcuterie plates.
DOES NOT include:
- Side items by themselves – e.g., French fries, bread, small cup of soup, small side portions.
- Snack food – e.g., chips, popcorn, pretzels, candy or nuts.
- Food brought to the premises by the patron from home or other location.
To learn more about DECD sector rules for many businesses and services in Connecticut, here is the link to the DECD sector rules here.
Some Connecticut vineyards are offering wine tastings, while others are offering bottle or glass sales only. At this time vineyards are at 50% of capacity allowed inside. Weather permitting, some vineyards have seating outdoors. All seating is limited and is first-come, first-served.
In addition, all the below rules still apply:
- NO OUTSIDE LIQUIDS OF ANY KIND are allowed to be brought on site AS PER STATE LAW.
- Seating is max 8 per table (same reduce to 4 per table) depending on vineyard.
- Tables and chairs CANNOT be moved.
- Tables and chairs will be sanitized regularly.
- Face Masks must be worn at all times inside the winery unless eating or drinking.
- Please respect 6 foot distancing in our tasting room, common areas, and outside grounds.
- Credit cards are the preferred payment method.
- Restrooms should only occupy one customer at a time. Please respect the physical distancing rules when waiting, entering, and exiting the restroom.
- Hand sanitizer will be available, but please feel free to bring your own.
- Children & leashed pups welcome (dogs outdoors only).
- Please do not visit the winery if you are not feeling well.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who does not abide by the rules.
Thank you very much for your support and cooperation!